Tuesday, January 15

2013!

Singapore TilesSingapore TilesSingapore TilesSingapore Tiles
Hi everyone, I'm back! I hope you all had a lovely holiday spent with your loved ones. I had so much fun eating my way around in Singapore. If you follow me on instagram, you'd probably be aware of the gazillion things I ate. Anyway, I'm excited about 2013. Well, to be honest, I'm 50% scared, 20% nervous, 30% excited. You see, I'm starting a new part-time job as a Junior school art teacher in a school of my dreams. It's such a wonderful opportunity and I cannot believe how blessed I am. I spent the whole of last year practically agonising over my stupid Teaching course. Faced 'challenges' on my placement rounds. I cried. And cried and cried and cried. Darren can vouch for that. Haha. But I've emerged at the end of the day and completed my course. I registered and got my Victorian Teaching License and my Visa. (Double yay!) And I'm so ready to face the new year. No more funky bits from 2012. A fresh new start! So I'd like to start off 2013 with some Resolutions. Or what I prefer to term 'Aims'. Somehow that word makes things sound a lot easier to accomplish. Haha.

1. Be a Teacher with a big smile and a giving heart. I know I've got so much in me and I am able to be a good art teacher. I just need to stop freaking out and worrying and just be myself. Mistakes do happen, it's my first year out, I need to stress less and have faith and not be hard on myself if things do go a little crazy.

2. Exercise more. Hahaha. Now this is a hard one I must admit. But I've got Darren to motivate me. I hope by the end of the year, to have shed a few kilos. I know, I know.. Ambitious!

3. Throw out/donate things I don't need anymore. I forsee a move in the near future and I have so much stuff in my house, it's crazy. I've slowly been donating bits away. But there's still so much I can't let go off. Need to be firmer with that this year. Out it goes!

4. Take more pictures with my camera, not my iphone and perhaps blog a little more often! I know a lot of my friends have also ended up instagraming everything. It's so convenient and instant. But at the end of the day, nothing beats a good ole' blog post right? So yes, I aim to keep this space a little more updated. Besides, I've been blogging for the past 11 years. I'm not ready to give it up yet!

So yup, there you have it! My aims for 2013! Let's hope I stick with it! Well, we'll see : ) xo

Photos of tiles all taken while on holiday in Singapore. There were so many beautiful tiles, patterns, everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I love that, Dawn - a teacher with a big smile and a giving heart. That's beautiful. I know you will be that teacher and inspire your students with your enthusiasm and warmth. Good luck. That first year is tough, but so wonderful too :)

    ReplyDelete