Thursday, February 7

Happy Chinese New Year!

Chinese New Year Sweets for SBS OnlineChinese New Year Sweets for SBS Online 2Chinese New Year Sweets for SBS Online 3Yum Cha for SBS Online Thanks to my amazing agent Jacky Winter, I was so blessed to be able to work on a super fun illustration jobbie. Made specially for SBS Online, I was tasked to draw a variety of Chinese New Year sweets ad treats, along with a special Yum Cha Dim Sum drawing. My, my... I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed working on these illustrations. As you would all know, I grew up in Singapore and I am a big, big, big fan of my Chinese New Year treats. Specifically: Pineapple Tarts. OMG! Every Chinese New Year, when I gather with my family and relatives, you'll find me sitting by the jars of Pineapple tarts, sampling every single variety. Not a good thing cause they are sooooo fattening!

Apart from all these New Year Treats, Dim sum also makes me think of home a lot. I remember as a kid, mum and dad would often take me and my sister to this super old school Dim Sum place in Chinatown. I haven't been back there in ages, but would love to go again some day... Ah, sweet memories of growing up. Thank you Jacky Winter and Belinda from SBS for allowing me to relieve my childhood : )

6 comments:

  1. Must have of CNY - finger licking food that make us feel guilty every mouthful we consume ! Hope you can go back to Singapore for CNY soon & HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to you :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these CNY illustrations!Happy Chinese New year Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful! Love looking at each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these chinese new year messages and wishes drawings. Very nice. Gong Xi Fa Cai to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I think it's impossible not to love your illustrations they are all so beautiful and you always make everything look delicious!
    Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work, these drawings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete